What are Closing Costs?
Shopping for a mortgage? We will be glad to help! Call us at (407) 294-4707. Ready to get started? Apply Now
"Closing Costs" are the fees which pay for various services involved when you sell or buy residential real estate. Sellers and buyers almost always negotiate to decide how to split these closing costs.
As the list below indicates, many of the closing costs result from getting your mortgage loan. At Mortgage Solutions of Central Florida, Inc., we have extensive experience in mortgage lending, so we can compile a comprehensive report on costs related to your mortgage in your "Loan Estimate".
Buyers get a "Loan Estimate" of closing costs around the time the loan application is submitted to the lender. The cost estimate comes out of our past experience. It's important to note that while our LEs are very precise, we cannot always predict your costs to the penny. We field buyers' questions about these costs every day at Mortgage Solutions of Central Florida, Inc., so please be sure to ask if we can help answer your questions.
We've provided a general list of these costs below, but we will give you a specific list of closing costs, with amounts, soon after you have completed your application. At Mortgage Solutions of Central Florida, Inc., we don't believe in surprises, so if your costs change, we will be sure to let you know immediately.
Standard Closing Costs
- Odd days interest - interest due from the day of closing to the end of the current month
- Property tax and homeowner's insurance escrow account
- Documentary Stamps and Intangible Tax on the mortgage and/or conveyance deed
- Loan-related costs
- Points — A fee paid to lower your mortgage interest rate (optional)
- Appraisal Costs
- Credit Report
- First year's homeowner's insurance paid in advance
- Appraisal Fee
- Escrow Account set up
- HOA fees
- First year homeowner's insurance premium and flood coverage, if the property is located in a flood zone
- Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)
- Title Insurance fees
At Mortgage Solutions of Central Florida, Inc., we answer questions about closing costs every day. Call us at (407) 294-4707.